Sunday, July 6, 2014

President Obama Ready to Perform at Jamboree in the Hills

MORRISTOWN - Following weeks of preparation, President Barack Obama announced that he is confident he will be able to please the crowd with his upcoming performance at Jamboree in the Hills.

"I have OK'd this with Michelle," said Obama. "I've been practicing a few Elvis tunes to sing to her every now and then, and I can't wait to head out to Morristown, Ohio and give those folks what they came to see!"

Obama's performance will be supplemented with a guest appearance by the Ohio Valley's own Brad Paisley. The duo will perform Paisley's 2013 song 'Accidental Racist' together.

"It's the ultimate honor," said Paisley. "When I wrote that song, I hoped that it would help dissipate a little bit of the racism I've grown accustomed to in the Ohio Valley. Now, with this performance, we can finally end discrimination once and for all."

Obama has made his set list available to view on the White House's official website. Notable songs include Lynyrd Skynyrd's 'The Ballad of Curtis Loew', Taylor Swift's 'Love Story' and 'Football Friday Night' by Joe Zelek. He will also perform his own rendition of a certain Garth Brooks song with different lyrics and a different title, which Obama has dubbed 'Friends in High Places'.

The Secret Service was initially skeptical, according to reports. However, after interviewing residents around the valley, the anxiety seems to have subsided.

"You know, I haven't exactly been this president's biggest fan," said St. Clairsville native Clint Sawyer. "But me and my friends are very open-minded people and we're looking forward to the show!"

No comments:

Post a Comment